To create a Review go to the cog icon on the top right of your dashboard > Click 'Review templates.
This will open up the performance review configuration dashboard
Click the review templates tab.
Click to create new template.
You will have two options – Start from scratch or choose a template where you can select a general template from our Weekly10 bank.
To create your own select start from scratch and you will have two options to choose from – basic or custom.
A basic workflow allows two states, draft and final. During a draft state employees and reviewers can add in responses to their respective questions. The primary reviewer (usually the manager) must then once happy with what has been recorded, save the final version.
A Custom workflow allows the creation of one or more draft states/stages and the selection of choosing different levels of visibility for different roles. Each stage can be timed and customised emails and notifications created. We recommend this option for maximum flexibility.
To use a Review Custom Workflow
First you will need to create/add your first stage, for example Employee stage.
Next set the stage access which is who can view anything within this stage.
Add in a description for this stage, for example Employee stage.
Choose how long you would like this stage to be available for completion before it moves to a new stage.
Next you can add any customised emails which you would like to go out either at the beginning or end of the stage. To do this click on the envelope icons and add in your details. For example:
If you would now like to add a second stage click to add stage and complete with the relevant details for example 2. Manager stage.
Next set the stage access which is who can view anything within this stage. If you wanted this stage to include manager only actions such as performance evaluation questions for example, then you would simply select the primary reviewer only.
Add in a description for this stage, for example Manager stage.
Choose how long you would like this stage to be available for completion before it moves to a new stage or ends.
Again, you can add any customised emails which you would like to go out either at the beginning or end of the stage. To do this click on the envelope icons and add in your details. For example:
Continue to create as many stages as you require. You may want to create your final stage for example as 3. Discussion and then set the visibility for this as both employee and primary reviewer so everyone is able to view elements in this stage.
Once you are happy with your stages you then go in and create your sections by clicking ‘add new section’. These are the different parts or pages of your review. For example, you may have your first section titled as ‘Looking back’ because you want to begin the review with self-reflection elements.
When creating each section, you are able to choose which stage of your custom workflow it will be visible in (‘Section visible in stages’) and who you want to be able to view it (Section viewable by’). For example, you may create a section called overall performance and you could choose the section to be visible only in the final discussion stage of the workflow and so select the section to be viewable by employee, reviewers and admins.
Once you’ve got your sections created you can now go into them and start to create/design your elements (click ‘add new element’) which are the questions you want to ask, comments boxes, check in question reviews etc. Again, you can choose who can view each element and in which custom stage it will appear.
There are a variety of different elements to choose from and they are explained below:
- Heading - Text heading to be used to describe the sub-section
- Paragraph - Text to describe in more detail to employees/managers
- Text area - Basic text responses (multi-line)
- Text field - Basic single line text responses
- Checkbox - Simple yes/no checkbox to confirm an action
- Choice Select – Allows you to input specific answer options
- Focus Areas – Allows you to request specific comments on any chosen focus area
- 360 Feedback -An element which allows employees/managers to request 360 degree feedback from other Weekly10 users or via email. This element also displays current feedback and the status of requested feedback. If you wish to edit the '360 feedback' template please contact us at email@example.com
Rating and assessment
- Numeric Rating - A slider element which allows you to ratings to be used
- Numeric Rating Matrix
- Assessment rating - A slider element which allows text descriptors in place of numeric ratings (fixed range between 1-5)
- Frequency rating – A slider element which allows frequency ratings (fixed range from never to always)
- Rating total - A 'auto-calculated' slider element which sums or averages a number of numeric or assessment ratings
- Competency Grid – A slider element which allows you to rate specific competencies
- 9 Box Rating – A slider which allows you to rate potential and performance
- Goal review - An auto-populated element which shows all goals completed or in-progress during the review period
- Question review - An auto-populated element which allows employees/managers to import question summaries for the review period
- Question response summary
- Recognition review - An auto-populated element which displays mentions/pass-ups for the review period
Once you are happy with all your elements and the layout of your review template and you are ready to set it live you will need to go back to the performance review configuration dashboard and select the review plan tab.
Plans define when and how a review is created. You can choose for Weekly10 to generate reviews automatically on a fixed or flexible schedule or allow managers to create reviews on an ad-hoc basis from an employee's profile.
First you will need to create a name for your plan.
Next you have the option of selecting the specific departments you want the review to be available for. This is useful if you are looking to run a review with a specific department only. If you leave it as all, the review will be available to everyone within the organisation.
Under template, select the review template you have created and want to use.
Finally you will need to select the availability of the review/report. There are a number of plan options to choose from:
- This type of review is always available for selection. A review template created under this plan will be accessible by a manager or admin to be selected and created from a relevant employee's profile at any time. This is typically used for ad-hoc type reports relevant to an individual such as a probation review, a return to work or an exit interview.
- This type of review plan can be helpful if you have specific dates you wish the review template to become available - this is often used for year-end performance reviews. You will need to choose the period for which the review will cover and end and then choose the generation date. It’s worth noting that any check in question review elements within a review template will use these set period dates. This means if you select a 3 month period for the plan any question responses will only display responses gathered within that 3 month period and be available for the employee to select.
- This setting can be used instead of a one-off date when a period is rolling or uniform. It means your review template will be autogenerated at repeating times. This may be useful for quarterly performance reviews.
Once you have chosen your plan click ‘create’
Your plan will now appear within the list, but the status will be set to draft
To set your plan to live hover your mouse over the draft status and click set to live
The status will then change to green and say active
If you have chosen, the frequency as specific dates or repeating dates the plan will kick start on your chosen date and if you have a custom workflow your first stage will also begin.
If you have chosen, the frequency as adhoc you will now be able to go into an employee’s profile and click on their reviews tab. Click ‘create new review’ and select the review plan you have just created. Click ‘create new review’. If setup the first stage of your custom workflow for this review will now begin.