360° feedback (also known as multi source feedback) is a process through which feedback from an employee's direct reports, colleagues and manager are gathered and optionally a self-evaluation by the employee themselves.
The process may also include, when relevant, feedback from external sources who interact with the employee, such as customers and suppliers or other interested stakeholders.
In Weekly10 feedback provided in a 360° can be:
- Anonymous - The feedback is not attributed to an individual and will not be visible to their manager
- Optionally anonymous - The person providing the feedback chooses whether they wish to remain anonymous
- Transparent - The employee will see who provided feedback
360° feedback in Weekly10
Your organisation is able to create templates that can be used to run a 360° feedback process. This may be through a performance review type template or as a standalone process.
Adding Custom Questions to a 360° feedback request (optional)
A 360° may be configured so that users can add in and ask additional custom questions to those already preset in a 360 template. If this is the case, then you will see a 'Add custom questions' button towards the bottom of the 360° feedback panel within a conversation template.
Opening this allows you to select and add in the following types of question:
- Text: textual feedback
- Numeric rating: Ask people to rate between two numbers
- Assessment rating: Ask people to provide you a response on a likert scale
These questions will be asked to all of the people you invite to provide feedback.
Where the custom questions option is not enabled, only the default questions which have been preset by your admin who created the template will be asked.
Both employees and managers can request 360° feedback from peers (depending on the template custom workflow permissions). You are also able to request feedback from external people who do not have Weekly10 accounts.
To select people to invite and provide feedback:
- Click on the 'Request Feedback' button from within the conversation template.
- Select users from the available drop down options or search them by name. You will be able to select anyone from within a direct team, department or the organisation as a whole by default but you may have also been provided with specific instructions by your admin users- please follow these as appropriate.
- You may select multiple people at the same time or choose to add in further people later
- If you are able to invite external users to provide feedback then an email box will also be visible where you can enter semi-colon separated email addresses (i.e: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To send your requests click 'Request Feedback'
- At this point each requestee will receive an automatically generated invite to provide feedback
Check the status
You will be able to check the status of requested feedback by selecting the 'Request Feedback' button. This will display all feedback statuses. Based on whether the 360° feedback is anonymous or not - people may be listed here.
For people who have not yet provided feedback you are able to remind them - or alternatively remove them from the process.
Reviewing 360° feedback
You can review the feedback at any point, however based on the workflow of the process that your are following you may also receive a notification to tell you to review your feedback.
Access the review from either the notification or from the 'My Updates' screen, again selecting the ' My Reviews' tab.
You will see any feedback listed with average or aggregate feedback scores and comments. Based on whether feedback was provided anonymously or not - it may list the provider of each feedback too. Clicking on 'View responses' will show a breakdown of the detail from each respondent.
Depending on whether your 360° feedback includes your own self-assessment, you may be asked to provide this in parallel or after the review process.