Our new Goals and OKR experience launched in 2022. This article will take you through the new way to set up and manage goals (and OKRs) in Weekly10.
The Weekly10 goals experience brings you a more flexible way to manage your goals in Weekly10. It's available on web and Microsoft Teams. The new dashboards will feel familiar to existing customers, but offer much more flexibility, visibility, reporting, and usability.
Viewing and reporting on goals
The new experience is split between two views, the Goal List and the Analytics screens. You can toggle these screens at the top right of any goal screen.
In addition, we've added Quick Filters to the top bar to allow you to quickly switch between different goal levels. These filters are context specific and will display different options based on whether you are viewing from the Me, My Team or Organisation tabs.
Clicking the filter icon allows you to use advanced filtering on the goal list.
Here's a summary of the key features of the two screens.
This is the default view on the Goals screen. You can access goals from any tab inside Weekly10 by simply clicking on the Goals sub-menu option.
If you've used Weekly10 for managing goals before this screen will be familiar. However, there are some key improvements which have been made:
- Goals are now grouped by the relevant Goal Type/Owner. This means for instance that managers can see all of their employee's goals in one screen grouped by each employee. The same is true at the Department level, where you can now view goals grouped by each department.
- The 'Add Goal' button has moved to the heading of each group to allow the quick creation of new goals.
- A new progress bar on the right side of the goal describes the progress between the baseline and target as well as displaying the relevant unit of measure
- Sub-goals now folder inside the screen. Click on the carat next to a goal to expand and show its related sub-goals (at any level).
- Parent goals are quickly visible by clicking on the parent goal text above the goal. This loads a light box overlay that allows you to further explore the goal relationship.
- Easier and quicker to navigate. We have improved the performance of the goals screens allowing you to quickly load large numbers of goals fast.
- Advanced filtering. Using the filter icon next to the Quick Filters, you are able to select any goals in the organisation and display them on one screen.
- Goal Export. You can now export all goals in the list to Excel or CSV with the click of the button - just select the options from the top right of the screen.
An entirely new part of the experience is our graphical analytics view. This is available to all users of Weekly10, helping bring to life the progress and status of their goals or the goals of their department or team.
Click the chart button at the top right of the screen to enter the graphical view.
This will display data based on the filters already selected (quick filter or advanced filters). You can toggle back and forth between the graphical and list views.
The key features of the analytics view are:
- Progress Chart. This displays the calculated progress vs ideal progress of all goals in the filtered data set. The ideal line uses the progress based on time elapsed from the start and end dates of the goals.
- Goal Status Chart. This shows the RAG (Red, Amber, Green) status of the goals at the end of each month. An increase in the distribution of the red bars means that goals are increasingly running behind target with an increase in the green bars showing an improving trend.
- Goal Progress by X. This allows you to see the status of all goals in the selected groupings.
- Status of all Goals. This displays the status of all goals based on the selected filters.
- Employees with/without Goals. This allows you to view which employees have and do not have goals set.
- Departments with/without Goals. This allows you to view which departments have and do not have goals set.
- Goals Aligned. What percentage of goals within this filtered data set have goals aligned to parent goals.
This view is designed you give you insight and visibility of goals across each level of the organisation.