Please note: This is a user-restricted feature. Only admin users are able to switch your OKRs to hybrid goals. Goals are only available for Momentum plan customers.
Hybrid goals combine the alignment and tactical view offered by OKRs with the simplicity and directness of SMART goals.
Typically, this is split out at the business level, with the most common use case being OKRs being deployed for organisation and department-wide level goals, and SMART being used at the team and personal levels.
Often businesses say that while OKRs are excellent for organisation-wide performance, they are far too output-based at a personal level for some employees. While setting an OKR for a colleague in a metrics-driven role like sales may be easy, setting one for a colleague, say in payroll, can be much trickier.
Hybrid goals allow more flexibility without impacting the effectiveness of either framework. They're a great goal-setting solution for any organisation with multi-disciplinary teams where one framework doesn’t quite work for all.
Moving to hybrid goals from OKRs
Please note: Currently this action can only be taken via the web platform. It will be available within Microsoft Teams later this year.
Admin users can change the goal-setting framework being used at each organisational level very simply:
- Select the cog icon in the top-right corner.
- Select ' Organisation settings'.
- Scroll to 'Goals / OKRs' and select this section.
- At the bottom of this section you will see 4 options for setting the goal framework type for each level (Organisation, Department, Team and Personal).
- If this is your first time here, your goal-setting will be set to 'default', meaning the current framework you are using across the business (OKRs in this case).
- Use the drop-down to set each level as required.
- When finished, select 'Save settings' in the top-right corner and wait for the confirmation message - you're now all done.