Manager-facing questions allow managers to provide more specific and targeted feedback to their team members. They allow managers to share more pro-active feedback, such as coaching advice.
How it works is really simple. Once a manager-facing question is set, this will appear at the bottom of each employee's completed check-in. If appropriate, during the manager's review of each check-in, they can choose to leave additional feedback, unrelated to any question answered by the employee.
Your employees do not see the set manager-facing question, so if you have no additional feedback to share, you can leave these blank and come back to them at a future time as required.
How to set manager-facing questions
To set up manager-facing questions:
- Head to the 'Organisation' tab in the platform header menu.
- Select 'Questions' in the secondary menu.
- Navigate to the question level you want to set the question at (Organisation, Department, Team, Person).
- Select 'Create a new question'.
- There are a number of manager-facing questions available in our question library. Select this option if you'd like to view these, otherwise select 'Create a custom question'.
- Add your question text, select question type and use the options to add additional elements.
- Under options, select 'Manager facing question' to ensure this question becomes manager facing.
- Click 'Add' to complete.